April 2019 newsletter (PDF)
From the Interim Priest
Join us to celebrate The Jesus Movement.
As we have been listening and discussing Presiding Bishop Michael Curry’s sermons about the Jesus Movement, we have been reminded again and again that the Jesus’ way of love begins at the cross and blooms at Easter.
Presiding Bishop Curry, preaching at Charlottesville, VA month after the deadly and racist demonstration, said, “Jesus says from the cross, hanging, dying from the hands of those who had tortured him, “Father forgive them, they know not what they do.” This the way of love.”1
Easter is about celebrating the way of love but we cannot celebrate unless we remembering Good Friday and the cross. Together the Passion and the Resurrection have the power to change the world.
We invite all to join us for Palm Sunday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday as well as Easter. We pray that remembering the love of God show us through this most holy week will renew and strengthen us all. Presiding Bishop Curry reminds us that, “This kind of love is counter intuitive – It is counter intuitive to this world……but it can change the world.
The Rev. Tom Barrington
- Monday: Daniel Fast at 4:00pm in the Dining Room.
- Tuesday Praying With The Monks – At the Monastery of the Society of St.
- John the Evangelist (SSJE), 980 Memorial Drive, Cambridge, for their Tuesday 5:30 PM Eucharist.
- Wednesdays: Lenten Study –Hear sermons by Presiding Bishop Michael Curry
April 3rd – Jesus and Racial Justice
April 10th – Jesus and Honoring the Environment
April 17th – Jesus and Young People
Come hear Presiding Bishop Curry in person on Saturday, April 27th in Boston. See below for details.
- Thursdays: Healing Service And Holy Eucharist in the Chapel at noon
- Fridays: Stations Of The Cross in the Sanctuary at 12:00pm
1 Michael Curry Preaches in Charlottesville Sept, 2017 – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGF_saBeJYE